Sunday, May 4, 2014

Come join my CYBER (Kathleen Tracy patterns) Quilt along!

I am soooooo very excited to announce, with the permission and Blessings from Kathleen Tracy herself!!!!!  I will be hosting a monthly Quilt Along right here on my blog BEGINNING JUNE 1, 2014 when I will announce the Very first quilt we will be doing, and it's always your choice of fabrics to use!   We will be using her book Prairie Children and Their Quilts by Kathleen Tracy.  You can get an E copy on Kathleen's website
Country Lane Quilts  OR  the actual book through Amazon, she provides a link either way you wish. Go check out her site! (you will be drooling....such beautiful stuff!) here is what her book looks like....



You will definitely want to have a copy not only for your library but also because we will be making SEVERAL quilts from this book!  They are Fabulous!



So here are the rules......
1. You must purchase this book.  No copies will be made or distributed , this is copywriter material. No tutorials, measurements or in part or whole can you post of her patterns or pictures of the patterns. this is to keep in line with copywrite laws and keeping integrity intact. 


2. The first of the month , beginning June 1st, I will tell you the Quilt name and page number of the quilt to be completed for that month.   It can be in quilt top form or totally completely finished.


3.  Before the 30th of the month please send me a picture of your quilt along with your name of course and a link to your blog if you have one, the blog is not mandatory, but it is fun to have visitors! On your blog please post your picture as well of your quilt top giving credit to Kathleen Tracy for her pattern and list the fabrics you used if you like. Again this is copywriter material so no posting tutorials or any part of the pattern, give credit where credit due.


4. On the first of the month I will hold a parade of all the entries for all to enjoy right here on my blog! And I will be posting the next months quilt title.  It's that easy and really fun.  Plus you will meet new people in cyber land and enjoy some eye candy!


5.  No need to worry if life gets in the way and you skip a month or start late.....we welcome whoever wants to join the fun each month!  Just adhere to the above rules.


6.  INVITE AS MANY FRIENDS AS YOU WOULD LIKE!!!!! EVERYONE IS INVITED!  Enjoy and have a lot of fun!


7.  Just leave me a note in my comments section and let me know your playing along!


If all goes well she has two more books that have spectacular patterns as well and we can keep it going for as long as you want to participate.  I would suggest hoping right on over to her website and have a look see around!!!! 

31 comments:

  1. I am going to participate! I have always loved the warm country colors! I am going to amazon to order my book now. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful!!!! The book is fantastic, you will enjoy the stories that go along with the book too! Thank you for joining!

      Delete
    2. Mindy, could you send me the link to your blog! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I've got the book! Woo Hoo! Just hope to have the time to play along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! That is a good day! Hope you find the time to play along too! They are fast small quilts to make! P.S. I love your blog, been a fan for a long time ;0)

      Delete
  3. I have the book ordered, I may not do each month, but I will try. Excited!- Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super! They are great fun and the book is a treat!

      Delete
  4. Would love to play! I have the book and have made a few of Kathleen's quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I've been doing Sherri & Sinta's AYOS and would like to keep doing one small project like that a month so I will join in. I ordered the book from Amazon so I should be set to go once June 1st arrives....
    Peggy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Welcome aboard! It will be a fun summer.

      Delete
  6. I will join in. I have her books and love them.

    suebennett1975@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining!!! I love her books too, love the history part as much!

      Delete
  7. What beautiful little quilts! I love them! I will plan on joining in as soon as I can get a copy of the book. Mostly I'll be using from my stash though so I may not get to include the name of my fabrics. I came here from the Pink Pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbigail that is great, you'll love the book. Yes, Yes, yes!! Use up your stash, the best part about these quilts is that they are scrappy, so that is win win!

      Delete
    2. I have my book ordered and on the way! I can't wait!

      Delete
    3. That is fantastic!! I love everything in the book! YOu will too!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful little quilts. My guild has a quilt show every other year and they auction small quilts. I haven't made one yet and this would be a great way to start on that adventure. Thanks for having the QAL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be ready, because they become addicting! ;0) Welcome aboard!

      Delete
  9. I'm in! I also participate in Kathy's monthly challenge at her Small Quilt Talk group. Between the two, I might finally make every quilt in the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome Robin! Tell me which ones in the book have you done?

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Wonderful Cindy! See if your friends want to join in too!

      Delete
  12. Looking forward to the QAL. Hugs, Cathy

    http://wwwbiglakequilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. count me in as well please!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tilda, I would love to join in. Although I have several of Kathleen's other books, I did not have this one, so have just purchased it. Looking forward to the quilt along!
    www.ollieandt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! Got you down and if you look in the top right of the blog you will see I have added your blog! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  15. I don't even quilt, but that gorgeous book cover makes me want to start!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!!!!!

Oh my goodness its been OVER a year!!  WHAT???? What happened?  Hmmmmm Facebook, Instagram and just plain life. I guess you can say I took...